Connecting Scientists, Educators and Communities in the Region
is part of COSEE Network comprised of 12 regional and thematic centers devoted to excellence in marine education. COSEE is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation (#0527849). COSEE SE covers a region comprised of North Carolina
, South Carolina
"Spark and nurture collaborations among scientists and educators to advance ocean discovery and make known the vital role of the oceans in our lives."
- Engage scientists and educators in mutually beneficial and catalytic programs.
- Facilitate integration of research into high quality educational materials and establish links to foster the development and dissemination of materials.
- Increase access to ocean sciences for underrepresented and underserved populations.
- Develop and support local, regional and national networks to attain a sustainable communication system among ocean scientists and educators in formal and nonformal or "free choice" institutions.
- Provide expertise in evaluation strategies and to design instruments that assess and strengthen new and ongoing efforts within the region and the National COSEE Network.
COSEE SE Team
National COSEE Network
COSEE SE SEPORT Partners
SEPORTs (South East Portals of Research and Teachers) are comprised of many informal science education (ISE) facilities throughout the region. These ISEs have supported COSEE SE is programming efforts, broader impact events, outreach events, and dissemination of materials.
We want to thank all of our partnering SEPORTs (PDF, 162 KB) for their continued support! Click here for a map of SEPORT Locations