COSEE SE can help
Whether you are preparing a broader impact plan for a proposal or looking to improve elements of your outreach activities.
You're not alone
Writing a broader impact section or planning an outreach event for communicating your research can be stressful. Partnering with professionals who have experience translating science and a pre-existing network with formal and informal education institutions can help.
Safra Altman, Ph.D. (UGA) setting squareback traps on Sapelo Island during workshop. Photo by: Georgia Graves
- COSEE SE Team
- COSEE SE Informal Education Partners (SEPORTs) (PDF, 162 KB)
- Sea Grant Educators
- Campus outreach and extension units; colleges or departments of education
- Diversity and Inclusion Programs
- Community-based youth programs (Boys and Girls Club, 4-H, scouts, etc.)
- Local museums and aquaria
- Parks and state environmental education agencies
- National Estuarine Research Reserves
What to expect
Broader impact budgets and time commitments vary. COSEE SE can support, collaborate, or partner with you. Read more...
Do it yourself
References and readings on presentations, publications,and communication. Read more... (PDF, 9 KB)
In addition to these COSEE Resources, your campus Center for Teaching and Learning or Office of Faculty Development should offer workshops and classes.
Broader Impacts Toolbox
This toolbox provides general examples of broader impacts and ideas for types of and resources of broader impacts and outreach.